Technical Application Owner (SAP Specialist)
Technical Application Owner (SAP Specialist)
At the European Patent Office (EPO), we are in the midst of a major transformation, building a DevOps practice, making the agile principles a reality, adopting green technologies, and the use of artificial intelligence. It's like nothing we've ever done before!
Our mission is to support innovation, competitiveness and economic growth across Europe. We pride ourselves on taking innovation seriously and, in line with our Strategic Plan 2023, have fully committed to digital transformation within the EPO.
With the first projects launched in this area, we are now seeking talented IT professionals keen to meet the challenges of change. We are looking to recruit highly creative individuals with a broad range of skills across the field of IT, and also to develop a talent pool in anticipation of future openings.
Directorate Corporate IT supports the Office by providing corporate-wide services, specialised knowledge, best practices and tools. As part of BIT and within the Office's strategy, the directorate is responsible for rolling out and maintaining standard market solutions delivered with off-the-shelf functionality and best-practices. The directorate seeks synergies between solutions to simplify the digital workflows across different organisational areas while at the same time modernising the IT landscape, to avoid obsolescence and improve sustainability.
The SAP Centre of Excellence Department's mission is to ensure the delivery and preservation of state-o-the-art digital solutions for the Corporate Services of the EPO. The main area of focus is the SAP products portfolio and their use in the optimisation of automated services/solutions for Human Resources, Finance, Patent Fee accounting and Logistics business processes. The department supplies services mainly for the Corporate business areas and their user community, advises on all process and automation related matters and provides support and expert know-how in the optimum use of the SAP and SAP-related services (e.g. SuccessFactors, S/4 HANA and Commerce Cloud). The SAP Centre of Excellence provides Application Management and plays a central role in designing and optimising of business processes and specifying requirements for IT services to support them. The SAP Centre of Excellence provides automation support to strategic initiatives such as for the Strategic Plan 2023 specifically, for the Finance 360- and HR Digitalisation programs.
We are looking for highly motivated senior experts that can work independently and bring state of art knowledge in the respective domain. Future colleagues that can proof extend and diverse consulting experience built through customer facing implementations, migrations and roll outs and that enjoy working as a team. Being happy to share knowledge and experience within the team, learn new technologies and jointly face and contribute to our continuous transformation and development.
With us you will
- Be responsible for the lifecycle of a service or application in terms of features, quality, economic aspects, and support
- Identify requirements, conceptualize solutions, and develop frameworks for the implementation of systems
- Define the application architecture, evaluate vendor software, and provide architectural consulting expertise and assistance
- Interpret business issues and recommend solutions while ensuring uniform and effective application of EPO regulations
- Check and ensure the operational quality and performance of the applications under their responsibility
- Play a key role in driving the organization through its digital transformation
- Ensure the successful introduction of new BIT solutions across the business units and with stakeholders. Be responsible for business processes linked to billing and revenue management solutions based on the SAP product portfolio (e.g. SAP Commerce cloud, SAP Public Sector Collection & Disbursement (PSCD) and S/4 HANA) to integrate the Commerce cloud portfolio into a challenging S/4 Hana implementation
Apply if you have
- Several years of professional experience in the areas of consulting, project management, application management, business change management, IT service management
- Several years of professional experience in the areas of consulting, project management, application management, business change management, IT service management combined with minimum of 2 years of experience in SAP Commerce cloud or S/4HANA Finance related areas as implementation consultant.
- In-depth knowledge of and professional work experience in one or more of the relevant SAP solutions (SAP Commerce cloud, SAP PSCD and S/4 HANA for FI/CO ) in conjunction with very good business process knowledge
- Certification in the field of SAP FI/CO within S/4 HANA, PSCD and SAP Commerce Cloud – ideally
- SAP FI/CO Experience in implementation / conversion projects from SAP ECC to SAP S/4HANA
- Good understanding of the functional integration aspects of S/4 HANA FI/CO with other SAP modules
- Knowledge of agile methodologies and cloud technologies - ideally
- Proficiency in MS Office; MS Project or other project management applications
- Capacity to network, establish and sustain partnerships with a large variety of stakeholders and subject-matter experts
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Our minimum requirements for this post
- Diploma of completed studies at master's level or – in exceptional cases – equivalent professional experience
- Generally, an excellent knowledge (at least C1) of one official language (English, French and German) and ability to understand the other two; alternatively, excellent knowledge (at least C1) of at least one official language (in such cases, the willingness to learn the missing language(s) and to reach level B2 within a set time frame would be required)
- Citizenship of one of the member states of the European Patent Organisation
What we offer
- An opportunity to participate in complex IT projects at the heart of the EPO's digital transformation initiative
- Daily collaboration with a diverse, hard-working and united team of highly skilled and dedicated professionals from all over Europe
- Self-development opportunities through a broad range of training activities provided by our Learning Teams
- A challenging yet highly rewarding working environment
- A comprehensive and family-friendly benefits package
- A flexible working model
- Access to a wide variety of social activities and clubs
- Flexibility to work in either Munich or The Hague
Candidates are kindly asked to upload an updated CV and outline their motivation in the designated application field (character limit 1024). If so wished, the motivation letter can also be uploaded as a Word or pdf attachment under "Application document" in SuccessFactors. In this case, please indicate in the designated field "Please refer to attached motivation letter".
The successful candidate will be selected on the basis of qualifications, competencies, professional experience and language knowledge, supplemented as appropriate by interviews, tests and/or a personality questionnaire.
A reserve list may be constituted, should more candidates than required at this time be considered suitable following the selection procedure. Such reserve lists are valid for 18 months and reserve list candidates may be contacted, should a vacancy with substantially the same profile arise during that period.
More information on how we recruit can be found on our EPO jobs and careers site.
- Job group: 4
- Grade: G7 to G10 (net (basic) monthly salary* for this vacancy: EUR 5 901 to 9 364, depending on experience)
- Duration of appointment: 5 years
- Career path: Technical
- Location: Office-wide
- Application deadline: 3 December 2023
- Interviews planned for: 8 -20 December 2023
- after deduction of EPO-internal tax and before deduction of staff contributions to the social security and pension schemes.
We welcome all applications for vacant positions. We consider each on its professional merits – regardless of your nationality, ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, parental responsibilities, age, religion or belief.